- #astroJC update: Journal club's returning soon (once I get the internet connected in my new flat). Tweet me your paper suggestions! 1 year ago
- @Harcel Yes please! 2 years ago
- @Awesome_Ph @thebamf Sorry, sent last tweet from the wrong account! 2 years ago
- @evanocathain @KarenLMasters Sounds like a great idea. I could drag #astrojc out of hiatus for you next Thurs if you want? :) 2 years ago
- @KarenLMasters Sorry for not getting back to you. The week got away from me & Thursday has happened unexpectedly! Will have to postpone 2 years ago
Monthly Archives: July 2011
The seventh meeting of the astronomy journal twitter club was all about the growth of black holes and galaxies in the early Universe. The paper discussed, Cold Flows and the First Quasars, presents the results from a detailed new simulation … Continue reading
The transcript of the seventh Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/2095 or http://chirpstory.com/li/2095. You can also download the PDF: Tweet transcript archive.
Meeting 7 of the Astronomy Twitter Journal Club (Thursday July 28th 2011, 19:00 UT) will discuss Cold flows and the first quasars (Di Matteo et al. July 2011). arXiv:1107.1253v1 [astro-ph.CO] A recent discovery of a bright quasar at a red shift of … Continue reading
For the 6th meeting of the Astronomy Twitter Journal Club we decided to try something a little different – just a discussion about a topic rather than a paper. This was purely because we didn’t have time to pick and … Continue reading
The transcript of Meeting 6 of the Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/2048 or http://chirpstory.com/li/2048. You can also download the PDF: Tweet Transcript Archive for James Webb Space Telescope. Our review.
The clear winner of the discussion topic, with 11 votes, is the future of the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), so that’s what the discussion will be about tonight (8pm UK time, 7pm GMT). For the people who picked the … Continue reading