- #astroJC update: Journal club's returning soon (once I get the internet connected in my new flat). Tweet me your paper suggestions! 4 years ago
- @Harcel Yes please! 4 years ago
- @Awesome_Ph @thebamf Sorry, sent last tweet from the wrong account! 5 years ago
- @evanocathain @KarenLMasters Sounds like a great idea. I could drag #astrojc out of hiatus for you next Thurs if you want? :) 5 years ago
- @KarenLMasters Sorry for not getting back to you. The week got away from me & Thursday has happened unexpectedly! Will have to postpone 5 years ago
Monthly Archives: February 2012
This Thursday, 20:10 GMT, astronomy journal club will look at a possible explanation for the mysterious gamma-ray flares in the Crab Nebula – Extreme particle acceleration in magnetic reconnection layers. Application to the gamma-ray flares in the Crab Nebula (Cerutti … Continue reading
The 22nd meeting of the astronomy twitter journal club focused on an intriguing question: “Does tweeting really help get a paper more citations?” The discussion was loosely based on a recent paper, How the Scientific Community Reacts to Newly Submitted … Continue reading
The transcript of the 22nd Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/4324 or http://chirpstory.com/li/4324. You can also download the PDF: Tweet transcript archive.
This Thursday, 20:10 GMT, the astronomy twitter journal club’s going to be looking at the benefits of tweeting on paper citations. The discussion topic arose thanks to this recent paper, which I heard about this morning on twitter: How the … Continue reading
Last week the astronomy twitter journal club held a lively discussion on science jobs, particularly focusing on how best to go about getting them. There’s a preview of the meeting here. I’ve highlighted some of the key points from the … Continue reading
The transcript of the 21st Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/4099 or http://chirpstory.com/li/4099. You can also download the PDF: Tweet transcript archive.
The topic for this week’s journal club meeting came from recent conversations on twitter; Marcel Haas explains more below. Join in the discussion this Thursday at 20:10 GMT. Recently on twitter there have been plenty of discussions about what skills … Continue reading