- #astroJC update: Journal club's returning soon (once I get the internet connected in my new flat). Tweet me your paper suggestions! 4 years ago
- @Harcel Yes please! 4 years ago
- @Awesome_Ph @thebamf Sorry, sent last tweet from the wrong account! 5 years ago
- @evanocathain @KarenLMasters Sounds like a great idea. I could drag #astrojc out of hiatus for you next Thurs if you want? :) 5 years ago
- @KarenLMasters Sorry for not getting back to you. The week got away from me & Thursday has happened unexpectedly! Will have to postpone 5 years ago
Author Archives: Emma
I’m off to get married so I can’t run the astronomy twitter journal club for the next few weeks. If anyone would like to step in and run things whilst I’m away send me an email (email@example.com) and I’ll initiate … Continue reading
The transcript of the 24th Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/5349 or http://chirpstory.com/li/5349. You can also download the PDF: Tweet transcript archive.
Professional / amateur collaboration in science, and astronomy in particular, is the discussion topic for this Thursday’s astronomy twitter journal club, starting at 20:10 GMT. @SamHawkins, who proposed this topic, explains more: Astronomy is one of the few branches of … Continue reading
The transcript of the 23rd Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/4582 or http://chirpstory.com/li/4582. You can also download the PDF: Tweet transcript archive.
This Thursday, 20:10 GMT, astronomy journal club will look at a possible explanation for the mysterious gamma-ray flares in the Crab Nebula – Extreme particle acceleration in magnetic reconnection layers. Application to the gamma-ray flares in the Crab Nebula (Cerutti … Continue reading
The 22nd meeting of the astronomy twitter journal club focused on an intriguing question: “Does tweeting really help get a paper more citations?” The discussion was loosely based on a recent paper, How the Scientific Community Reacts to Newly Submitted … Continue reading