- #astroJC update: Journal club's returning soon (once I get the internet connected in my new flat). Tweet me your paper suggestions! 5 years ago
- @Harcel Yes please! 5 years ago
- @Awesome_Ph @thebamf Sorry, sent last tweet from the wrong account! 5 years ago
- @evanocathain @KarenLMasters Sounds like a great idea. I could drag #astrojc out of hiatus for you next Thurs if you want? :) 5 years ago
- @KarenLMasters Sorry for not getting back to you. The week got away from me & Thursday has happened unexpectedly! Will have to postpone 5 years ago
Author Archives: Emma
The transcript of the 22nd Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/4324 or http://chirpstory.com/li/4324. You can also download the PDF: Tweet transcript archive. Advertisements
This Thursday, 20:10 GMT, the astronomy twitter journal club’s going to be looking at the benefits of tweeting on paper citations. The discussion topic arose thanks to this recent paper, which I heard about this morning on twitter: How the … Continue reading
Last week the astronomy twitter journal club held a lively discussion on science jobs, particularly focusing on how best to go about getting them. There’s a preview of the meeting here. I’ve highlighted some of the key points from the … Continue reading
The transcript of the 21st Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/4099 or http://chirpstory.com/li/4099. You can also download the PDF: Tweet transcript archive.
The topic for this week’s journal club meeting came from recent conversations on twitter; Marcel Haas explains more below. Join in the discussion this Thursday at 20:10 GMT. Recently on twitter there have been plenty of discussions about what skills … Continue reading
Astronomy twitter journal club met for the first time in 2012 last week to discuss the recent discovery of a distant, dark, dwarf galaxy which may help explain the discrepancy between the predicted and observed number of Milky Way satellites. … Continue reading
The transcript of the 20th Astronomy Twitter Journal Club meeting is now online at Chirpstory: http://chirpstory.com/dialog_embed/4028 or http://chirpstory.com/li/4028. You can also download the PDF: Tweet transcript archive.