This is a page to keep track of the papers and articles that people have suggested. Articles about to be discussed will be moved to the “Next Meeting” page.
You can suggest papers by leaving a comment below – we’ll delete the comment once the paper/article has been added to the list. It would also be useful to provide a paragraph or so explaining why you are interested in a particular paper, or a list of possible discussion points. When the paper is scheduled to be discussed, we’ll use this paragraph in a blog post before the meeting.
If the list of suggested papers gets too long we may introduce a voting system to determine which one is going to be discussed (thanks to Marcel Haas for this suggestion).
- 15 February 2012: Ionisation-induced star formation III: Effects of external triggering on the IMF in clusters (suggested by Emma)
- 15 February 2012: The origin of dust in galaxies revisited: the mechanism determining dust content (suggested by Emma)
- 14 February 2012: Professional-amateur collaborations. Past, present, future (suggested by Sam Hawkins)
- 2 August 2011: Elemental abundance differences in the 16 Cygni binary system: a signature of gas giant planet formation?
(suggested by Lee Billings)
- 8 June 2011: Observational Evidence Against Long-Lived Spiral Arms in Galaxies (suggested by Kash Farooq).
- 20 June 2011: The Atlas3D project – VII. A new look at the morphology of nearby galaxies: the kinematic morphology-density relation (suggested by Emma Rigby). More info here.